Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Drop of Heaven

Of that bench I often think
and will,
perched on the edge 
of a new high 
I'd never experienced before.

The one that opened 
its arms 
to the sprawling 
mountainside 
like the coy but sturdy 
village maiden
sitting in a quiet corner 
I'd often wonder at

As if nothing existed before
or mattered after
such pure, 
untouched beauty
soaked one in

Whitest white clouds
breezed about 
without knocking 
shaped by 
the vivid imagination
of that innocent child
biting into
sour green apples
straight off a tree

Never did I realize
the state of blank
can be one of 
Peace. 
Happiness.

T'was the closest 
one came to 
heaven on this earth and
taste of the sparkling
elixir flowing in the brooks
still lingers

A dedication to my first visit to Churaah, Himachal Pradesh in June 2011

Photo Credit: Tariq Khan

6 comments:

  1. I totally love this!! can Visualise this place reading your poem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neha, you have to be there to actually believe such a dream-like place exists.

      Delete
  2. "Never did I realize
    the state of blank
    can be one of
    Peace."
    wonderful line. i love the strong visual imagery and the lovely rhymes in ur poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot, Sapna. :)
      I was trying to equate the feeling of blank with peace. Think the place inspired me so much!

      Delete
  3. Transports you to the world of content/amazement/peace...
    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to go to Churaah to believe such a place really exists...it's so pure. <3

    ReplyDelete